Unum ID is the sharified identity™ network. Our tech allows companies to securely access and share verified identity data, with full user consent. Our core products are:
- Beyond Passwordless™: Instant multi-factor auth, using your mobile app. No passwords or other shared secrets.
- Verify with X™: A marketplace for verified identity data, enabling instant onboarding and more. Data recipients pay data providers for access.
These docs provide detailed, technical information about how to deploy and use Unum ID tech. We recommend starting starting with the Introduction sections, but feel free to dive into the Components sections for code level details.
Below is an annotated table of contents, which offers a sneak peek of each section.
- Terminology: a few specialized terms that are helpful to know.
- Architecture: overview of Unum ID components and how they interact with each other and our Identity Engine cloud.
- Deployment Overview: conceptual overview of deploying all Unum ID components.
- Privacy and Security: the unparalled benefits of our Encrypted Domain approach.
- Server SDK: lets you act as an An issuer is a role a company can play to issue credentials to subjects (users). An issuer also change credential statuses, for example to revoke credentials.+ More...issuer and/orA verifier is a role a company can play to verify presentations shared by subjects (users). A verifier can also make requests for presentations and send them to subjects.+ More...verifier.
- Mobile SDK: stores A credential is a collection of data about a person. It's issued by a company (i.e. created and sent to a user) and stored in the company's app, on that user's device.+ More...credentials for your users and lets them shareA presentation is a set of one or more credentials. It's shared with (or presented to) a company by a user.+ More...presentations.
- Web SDK: lets you display and send A request (or presentation request) is a request for a presentation. It's sent by a company to a user, who chooses whether to share a presentation in response.+ More...requests to users.
- Developer Demo: interactive technical walkthrough that explains how the Unum ID platform works.
- ACME Demo: shows Beyond Passwordless™ in action.
- Hooli Demo: shows Verify with X™ in action.
All of our demos are open sourced to serve as examples. Everything can be found on our Github.